Research Position in Investment Law and Policy Programme
Applications are invited for a Research Associate/Research Assistant in the Centre for International Law, National University of Singapore.
The duties of the incumbent will involve:
- Assisting the Principal Investigator and Research Fellows in the research, drafting and preparation of materials related to the law and policy of international investment treaties, including in connection with CIL’s position as an official observer in UNCITRAL Working Group III.
- Conducting research into topics of public international law, international investment law, and other areas as
- Assisting with the organization and running of webinars and workshops organized by CIL for government officials and scholars related to investment law and policy, both those which are open to the public and those which are invitation-only.
Candidates must possess a minimum qualification of an LL.B. or J.D. An LL.M. or equivalent experience is highly desirable. Candidates should have a good knowledge of international investment law and public international law; a high degree of self-motivation; excellent English language writing abilities; strong organisational and communications skills; and the IT and publishing skills necessary to prepare teaching materials for online use. Candidates with knowledge of regional language(s) and/or prior working experience in the field will have an advantage.
CIL provides a lively and congenial work environment and the opportunity to engage with experts in different aspects of public international law. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in the activities of the Centre in general and to pursue his or her own research projects with a view to publication under the guidance of senior colleagues. This is an ideal position for a candidate exploring whether to undertake further academic work in international law.
Closing Date: 30 June 2021
- a covering letter,
- a short statement of research interests, a detailed curriculum vita,
- 2 samples of written work,
- names/contact information of two referees,
For more information, please visit: https://cil.nus.edu.sg/research-position-investment-law- policy-programme/
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.