6th AsianSIL Biennial Conference, Seoul, Korea
August 25 - August 26
REMINDER: AsianSIL 6th Biennial Conference, Seoul, August 2017: early bird registration until 30 June
Early-bird registration for the 6th Biennial Conference of the Asian Society of International Law ends on Friday, 30 June. Register now to benefit from the reduced registration fees.
Hosted by the Korea Chapter of the Asia Society of International Law together with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea, the conference on “Asia and International Law in Times of Uncertainty” will be held in Seoul on Friday 25 and Saturday 26 August 2017.
The program is now available here.
Conference highlights include:
- 2 plenary sessions featuring invited speakers, including Awn Shawkat AL-KHASAWNEH (Former Prime Minister, Jordan), LEE Hong-Koo (Former Prime Minister, Korea), Dipu MONI (Former Foreign Minister, Bangladesh) and Hassan WIRAJUDA (Former Foreign Minister, Indonesia) for the first plenary session; Hélène RUIZ FABRI (Director, Max Planck Institute Luxembourg), Vladimir GOLITSYN (President, International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea), OWADA Hisashi (Judge, International Court of Justice), SONG Sang-Hyun (Former President, International Criminal Court) and XUE Hanqin (Judge, International Court of Justice) for the second plenary session;
- 30 parallel sessions, including “Ambassador’s Session” and “New Voices in International Law: Junior Scholar’s Workshop Wrap-up”, with more than 150 presentations;
- 2 morning special sessions on “Criminalizing Human Rights Violations: Human Rights and Criminal Justice in Asia” and “International Legal Order in the Twenty-first Century World – From a West-centric to Multi-centric and Transcivilizational International Law?”;
- Junior scholar’s workshop with more than 60 participants on Thursday 24 August;
- Opening session with Keynote Speech by Former Secretary-General of the United Nations, H.E. Mr. BAN Ki-moon;
- Book exhibitions by AsianSIL institutional members and other exhibitors;
- The award of the Paik Choong-Hyun Prize and the AsianSIL Young Scholar Prize.