REGIONAL CONFERENCE ON
INTERNATIONAL LAW IN ASIA:
CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
OCTOBER 13 & 14, RENMIN UNIVERSITY OF CHINA
Call for Papers
This Regional Conference of the Asian Society will focus on legal issues relating to challenges and opportunities facing international law in Asia. Participants are invited to submit abstracts on international law topics such as (this list is not exhaustive):
- Basic theory and history of international law;
- Maintenance and promotion of peace and security in Asia;
- International Rule of Law from an Asian Perspective;
- Peaceful settlement of disputes between or among Asian countries;
- Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons in Asia;
- International Cooperation in Suppressing Corruption;
- International Law in Domestic Courts in Asian Countries;
- Asian initiatives and international economic law
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Foreign Investment Law
- The Evolving Law of International Trade-Megaregionals and Beyond
- International Humanitarian Law and Armed Conflicts in Asia
- Protection of the Marine Environment in Asia
- Law of the Sea (disputes, safety and security)
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Emerging Issues in International Human Rights Law
- Recent Developments in International Criminal Law
- Private International Law: Applicable Law to Contracts
- Refugee and forced migration
- Emerging Issues in International Human Rights
- New Forms of Warfare and International Humanitarian Law
- Fight against Impunity and judicial assistance between states
- Counter-terrorism in Asian Perspective
- Recent global developments and their impact on international law
- New technologies and challenges to international law
- The use of force-debates and developments
- Climate change and international law
- International law and natural resources
Note: Please note that English will be the language medium used during the Conference. The above listed topics are not exhaustive, and participants are encouraged to submit their paper on the topics that they deem relevant and important.
Submission of Abstracts
The following are required to be provided in the online submission form:
- A 500 word or less abstract of the proposed paper. Please clearly identify the title of your paper and the topic/theme.
- Affiliation details and brief biography. This includes professional status, educational background, institutional affiliation, contact number and e-mail address. Please also provide any information about your publications and any other relevant information on your research or experience.
- Your affiliation to the Asian Society of International Law. Preference will be given to existing members of the Asian Society of International Law in the selection process.
- The abstract AND the brief biography should be emailed to the Conference organisers at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 20, 2018.
- Successful applicants will be informed by mid-August and are required to submit their full paper to the Conference organisers by September 20, 2018. The paper should be between 4,000 and 8,000 words.
- Please direct all queries on the abstract submission and other general queries to the Conference organisers at email address: email@example.com