Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions appearing hereafter comprise the entire agreement between the Member (as hereinafter defined) and the Society (as hereinafter defined) and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein.By completing the registration process and checking on the radio button on terms and conditions, you are indicating your agreement to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of the Society as hereinafter appearing.
In this Agreement where the context so admits the following expressions shall have the following meanings namely :-
- "Agreement" means the completed application form (and its attachment(s) and the terms and conditions herein."Join Date" means the date specified by the Society in writing in its notice to the Member through AsianSIL email indicating the acceptance of the application by the Member to the Society and its services.
- "Society” means Asian Society of International Law.
- "Date of Membership Expiry" means the expiry date of the notice of termination.
- "AsianSIL Web Portal" means the internet web site of the Society at www.asiansil.org.
- "Member" means an individual subscriber who has an interest in and respect for international law and supports the objectives of the Society and whose particulars are contained in the application form.
- "Registration Data" means all particulars and information of the Member requested on initial application and subscription, including but without limiting to the Member's name, mailing address, email address, account and telephone number.
Membership of the society is for one year regardless of the date of joining the society.
Membership Subscription Fees
The subscription fees for the Society shall be at the applicable rate indicated in the AsianSIL membership webpage as determined by the Council, having due regard to the income levels across the Asian region and elsewhere.
- The subscription fees are collected on a yearly basis.
- It shall be payable at or within such time as is stated in the notice(s) issued by the Society to the Member.
- No refund will be made for membership subscription fees paid.
Membership shall terminate as a result of :
- Death or dissolution of that member;
- Failure to pay the membership fee, unless there are special circumstances recognized by the Executive Council;
- Disqualification by the Executive Council on the ground that the member has acted in a manner contrary to the objectives of the Society.
When membership terminates in the course of the Society’s year, any annual fees due shall remain due in full.
The Member shall:-
- Be solely responsible for all information retrieved, stored and transmitted through the AsianSIL Web Portal by him or her;
- Be solely responsible for the accuracy of the Registration Data given to the Society on initial application for Membership;
- Immediately notify the Society of any unauthorised use of the Member's account or any other breach of security known to the Member.
The Member undertakes:-
- to comply with all applicable laws (and shall not contravene any applicable law) relating to the AsianSIL Website and its services;
- not to use the Service to send or receive any message which is offensive on moral, religious, racial or political grounds or of an abusive, indecent, obscene, defamatory or menacing nature.
- not to infringe any intellectual property rights of any person or retain information in any computer system or otherwise with an intention to do so;
Maintenance of Service
The Society may at any time deactivate or suspend the Member's access to AsianSIL Web Portal without notice to carry out system maintenance, upgrading, testing, repairs and other related work. Without prejudice to the other provisions of this Agreement, the Society shall not be liable for any loss and damage, costs and expense that the Member may suffer or incur, and no fees or charges payable by the Member to the Society shall be deducted, refunded or rebated, as a result of such deactivation or suspension.
- Whilst every care is taken by the Society in the provision of the AsianSIL Web Portal, the Company shall not be liable for any loss of information howsoever caused whether as a result of any interruption, suspension, or termination of the AsianSIL Web Portal or otherwise, or for the contents, accuracy or quality of information available, received or transmitted through the AsianSIL Web Portal.
- The Member shall be solely responsible, and the Society shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever, for ensuring that in using the AsianSIL Web Portal, all applicable laws, rules and regulations and all the terms prescribed by the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore for the use of any telecommunications systems, service or equipment shall be at all times complied with.
- The Society makes no representations and warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, for the AsianSIL Web Portal and in relation to the accuracy or quality of any information transmitted or obtained through the AsianSIL Web Portal. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Society disclaims any representation or warranty, whether express or implied, as to the title, fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, accuracy or standard of quality of AsianSIL Web Portal and/or any database content (whether contained in AsianSIL Web Portal or otherwise), and no warranty whatsoever is given that AsianSIL Web Portal will be uninterrupted or error free, or in relation to the database content obtained or to be obtained from or through use of AsianSIL Web Portal unless otherwise specifically mentioned in this Agreement.
- The Society’s liability under this Agreement shall not in any event exceed the total amount of fees and charges paid by the Member to the Society for the period immediately preceding two (2) months prior to the incident giving rise to the relevant claim.
- The Society shall not be liable for any loss or damages sustained by reason of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any information concerning the Member's account and particulars nor for any error, omission or inaccuracy with respect to any information so disclosed nor does it endorse any opinion expressed by any Member on AsianSIL Web Portal.
- The Society does not warrant that AsianSIL Web Portal or any of the web sites linked to AsianSIL Web Portal will be free of any operational errors nor that it will be free of any virus, worm, or other harmful component.
- Without prejudice to the other provisions of this Agreement, the Society may refuse, suspend, terminate, delete or amend any artwork, materials, information or content of any data or information or posting, or refuse such data or information to be posted at AsianSIL Web Portal, so as in the sole opinion of the Society, if it is of the view that such posting is inappropriate for whatever reasons, to comply with the legal or moral obligations as placed on the Society and to avoid infringing a third part’s rights or any other rules, standards or codes of practices that may be applicable to the posting or AsianSIL Web Portal or the internet.
Use of Data
The Member hereby agrees and irrevocably authorise the Society to:
- use any data and information supplied by the Member in connection with this Agreement for the Society’s own internal and marketing purposes, to its supplying such data and information to any other associated companies or selected third parties to use for such purposes, and to its supplying such data and information to such third parties as may be necessary for the operation of AsianSIL.
The Member shall indemnify and hold harmless the Society at all times against all actions, proceedings, costs, claims, expenses, demands, liabilities, losses and damages whatsoever including without limitation for defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, death, bodily injury, property damage or pecuniary losses howsoever arising which the Society may sustain, incur, suffer or pay arising out of or in connection with the use of the AsianSIL Web Portal by the Member or any act or omission of the Member thereof.
The Society reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions contained herein at any time upon notice (in such form as may be determined by the Society) to the Member.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore and the Member and the Society hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.